We went and visited Janessa's grave and decorated for Halloween. I've had fun these past 8 years creating little "costumes" for her headstone. It's given me a way to include her in the holidays and helped me to mother her. The first 2 years I decorated her grave, but, didn't feel comfortable taking pictures of her grave--like it was some horrible thing to do, so I have no pictures of her grave except on her angel birthdays and Christmas.
2011
This year I forgot to bring my phone with me and had to borrow my husbands phone to take pictures. This years costume theme was unicorns and I was delighted to find colorful fake flowers to surround her grave and different colored real rose petals from my roses to put on her headstone. It all looked so colorful and bright and brought me a moment of joy.















No comments:
Post a Comment