Spent another part of the day this week sitting in a doctors office with another sick kid. I got asked the usual questions by the nurse and the "hard" question how many kids do you have? I told the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth--8. Then she asks how old is the youngest--again I just spit out the truth--my youngest 2 children are in Heaven, but, my youngest living child is 7.
Instead of an awkward silence and change of subject like I normally get after laying all that on someone, this nurse expressed sincere sympathy and asked more questions. It was so nice to be able to talk about Janessa and Hope as real people and have someone acknowledge them as real people. It was nice to just tell the whole truth and not feel bad or guilty about it--to just feel okay with this is how my life is now. :`)





No comments:
Post a Comment