I've been trying to prepare my primary lesson this week on The 2000 Warriors which is about 2000 very faithful young men who went to war believing and trusting the words that their mothers taught them that if they trusted in God he would help them and protect them. In every battle that these young men fought none of them died, they were all miraculously spared. https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/alma/53?lang=eng
As I was thinking about this and wondering how does this relate to us today--how does God help us, I was getting breakfast ready. I reached up to put a knife away in a cupboard way above my head and somehow knocked over the container that I keep all my knives in. I remember having this feeling I should look down and cover my face with my hands, which I did. All of those knives fell in front of me, to the side of me, and in back of me, but, not one of them hit me or cut me. It was actually really scary to experience this and when it was over and I stood among all these knives I guess it hit me that God still miraculously spares us in our lives too. This may sound kind of corny or insignificant, but, to me it was a miracle.
I didn't realize it when I took this picture but there is a tiny airplane in the sky on the left side of the temple (a hug from heaven from Jason <3)






Thank God for your miracle! I have had a few miracles, too, and they are not just coincidences. The Lord does intervene on our part. The Temple picture is so lovely!
ReplyDelete