Today it has been 1 year since my pneumonia hospital stay began. I can't believe a year has gone by. I still remember all of it like it was yesterday and that whole experience still haunts me.
Last year on this Sunday I couldn't teach my lesson for primary because I was so sick with the flu. I handed my lesson to my husband and he taught it for me, while I stayed home alone lying in front of the toilet and crying in despair because I felt so terrible. Part of me is grateful that we went to another ward for church today so I didn't have to relive all those memories. In fact while we were camping I didn't even think about it at all, it has been since I got home that all these memories have come flooding in.
Tuesday is when I tried to do school with my youngest, but, I was too weak to even get out of bed. My older kids made lunch and dinner and tried to help their younger sister while taking care of me. That evening I ended up in insta care where they gave me an IV for dehydration and a shot for my migraine headache and motion sickness pills.
On Wednesday of last year I couldn't keep anything down and my fever spiked to over 105 and I ended up in the emergency room with a diagnosis of pneumonia and a partially collapsed lung. I ended up staying there for 2 nights. It was awful.





No comments:
Post a Comment