I made my 7th little knit hat for Jason's 7th Angel Birthday coming up next month. It is a tradition that started when I was pregnant with him. On conference weekend I was knitting a little hat for Janessa's grave, but, it came out way too small. When I saw that hat, I had a really weird feeling looking at it. 4 days later I miscarried Jason at 12 weeks along in my pregnancy, and I ended up using that little hat to wrap the collection jar in--it fit it perfectly and was my last way of hugging and holding my little baby.
Every month after my miscarriage, I would knit a little knit hat in remembrance of Jason and then I hung them on the fence around his memorial stone on his first angel b-day. They then became a part of his prayer flag.
Since then it has just become a yearly tradition to knit a hat for his angel birthday. I've also started collecting matchbox cars with his angel age on them too. I don't do this for any of my other angel babies, it is something that is just unique to Jason <3














No comments:
Post a Comment