As we set off this year I was a little surprised to find a face book 1 year ago memory post--last year on this date I posted about Jason's 6 month angel birthday, and then it hit me that today was the 10th and it is his 1/2 birthday. On the drive up to the hike I quickly knit a little blue hat in remembrance of him. I loved doing that--I haven't knit hats in about 6 months and it was so calming and relaxing. The weather was perfect. It was really busy on the hike so that was kind of disappointing because we kind of wanted it to ourselves, but, most people don't spend very long at the top of the peak so we did get some time by ourselves. It was fun to take pictures of the angel bears.
This year I left another pinwheel with Hope's name on it and we spelled out Hope's name in sea shells and left 4 little bears and the little knit hat I made in memory of Jason. The top of this peak has kind of become another little remembrance spot for me that I like to leave things at. Then we blew bubbles off the hillside as birthday balloons for Hope, Jason, and River. If you have never blown bubbles off a mountain peak--you have to try it--it is so much fun and it looks so beautiful to fill the air with love bubbles! I got a "Hug From Heaven on the way down because there was a lady bug (my symbol for Hope) on the trail. <3 <3 <3 <3





No comments:
Post a Comment