Some days it doesn't bother me at all to see 5 year olds and other days it hurts so bad it's like I've been stabbed with a knife. Today was one of those bad days. As I was coming home after running errands there was all these parents walking their 5 year olds down to the elementary school for afternoon kindergarten. I guess I forget that not every 5 year old died in 2010, but, there were probably 159 other women in this area who went into the hospital in 2010 and came out with a living baby who has grown and now goes to Kindergarten, I'm that unlucky "1" in the 160 who had a still born baby. I'm that unlucky one who came home from the hospital empty handed and broken hearted. I'm that 1 in 160 who did NOT get to see their baby learn to roll, sit up, crawl, walk, talk, play, run, and grow. I'm that 1 in 160 who did NOT get to experience the terrible twos or potty training. I'm that 1 in 160 who did NOT get to watch their child's excitement at holidays and birthdays and watching them learn their abc's and 123's and how to write their name, and now I am that 1 in 160 who does NOT get to see their child in Kindergarten. So what does the 1 in 160 get to do instead? Every month for the past 5 1/2 years I have gotten to visit a cemetery plot and decorated a little grave and wept for the experiences we are NOT having together.
We had a bunch of new families move into this area and they all seem to have 5 year olds the same age as Janessa. It hurts so much to see that. I wish I wasn't so sensitive to all of this. It seems I do okay for a while with being okay and accepting of Janessa's death, and then seeing those little 5 year olds just rips the scab right off my heart and opens the wound as I long to have Janessa back--it's just not fair, she should be here--she should not be dead. Reality is a very harsh thing to deal with at times.
It is amazing to me at how seeing such little things sets off such an array of emotions in me. I wish I was NOT that 1 in 160! I wish I was NOT that 1 in 4! I wish it wasn't so hard to be that 1 in 160 and that 1 in 4!!!
1 in 4 women have a miscarriage
1 in 160 women have a still born baby
I AM THAT 1
(4 times over!)
:`(
No comments:
Post a Comment