I am so grateful to be at the end of this week. Reliving memory days actually hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be but mainly because time has softened or almost erased memories from 11 years ago this past week. It is much harder living in the reality I am in today than reliving the memories of the past.
Reality #1 Janessa is dead and I still have 40+ years of reliving her angel birthdays ahead of me before I get to see her again. I still have tons of moments that have been stolen from me regarding her life. I still have to live with my PTSD and all the grief and stress and anxiety and all the other problems my family is facing because of her death!
Reality #2 My Dad is dead. My childhood home is gone. My familiar house and yard is gone. I'm having to be caretaker along with mother and wife and all my roles are very overwhelming.
Reality #3 We are living in a pandemic and some jerk called Child Protective Services on us and now we are "the accused" until proven innocent! I'm afraid to leave my house because of covid19 and I can never leave with my husband because someone has to be here at all times just incase the agent decides to do his "surprise visit"! Everything about this just SUCKS! All my grand plans for my 50th birthday crushed and demolished by covid19! Now I just feel overwhelmed, stressed out, judged, afraid, have nothing to look forward to--the future just looks empty too!
I HATE todays reality. Just getting out of bed to face each day is a big accomplishment for me now.I'm sure that will change as I get closer to Janessa's death date and the week after. Unfortunately those memory dates have not softened or been erased by time, they are permanently engraved into my mind and heart. I have tried to crochet butterflies and watch movies as distraction to get through each day, but, it hasn't worked quite as well as I had wanted it to.












No comments:
Post a Comment