We very hesitantly went to the cemetery today to
decorate Janessa's grave. Every other time we have tried this week something
has come up that has prevented us from going to the cemetery. I did NOT want to
go today because I hate being at the cemetery on her birthday, it is NOT a fun
place to be on her birthday.
Everything turned out okay, her birthday rose petals were still very fresh, all of my decorations turned out so pretty, and the ground was soft enough to get the things into the ground easily but not damp so we could sit by her grave. I was so happy to see when we got there that my winter butterfly crochet blanket was still covering her grave. I actually enjoyed decorating her grave and having time to just sit and remember her.
I think that is why it didn't work out to decorate her grave earlier because we wouldn't have had time to just sit still
in front of her grave and just think, look at pictures, listen to music, feel peace and calm and cry which is something both my husband and I needed today.
We also for the first time got to sing Happy Birthday to her because we have never been there on her birthday before.




















No comments:
Post a Comment