Dear Dad,
I can’t believe it has been a year since you died. I’ve seen you in dreams and felt your
influence as I have struggled and I’ve felt your presence at the house with Mom. I am grateful you are still watching over
Mom, Pam, Valerie and I and all your grandchildren and great
grandchildren. We all miss you! We wish you were still here alive and healthy
like you were before the stroke. We miss
your smile and laugh and sense of humor.
We miss your guidance, and counsel, and example of faith, and your
Fathers blessings. Some things will
never be the same. We are grateful for
the extra year we got with you and that you are now happy in heaven and not
suffering in your stroke body anymore.
The house is so empty and lonely without you there.
Some days it is hard to take steps forward because we feel so sad. We find courage and faith and peace in
knowing that one day we will see you again—I can’t wait for that day!
Until then I will forever love you and remember you and miss
you in my heart as I honor you through my actions of following your example and
teachings of loving and helping others and trusting that God’s plan is always
better even though we may not understand it.
Love you forever,
Your little middle princess—Shauna


















No comments:
Post a Comment