Over the years our family has acquired a lot of yearly family Christmas Traditions. Before 2010 I never would have thought that one of our traditions would be to take a Christmas Tree to the cemetery on Christmas Eve. For the last 3 years that has been our new tradition. This year we took Janessa her tree a day before because we are suppose to get a snowstorm today, which as you can tell from the green grass it would be nice to get. I got Janessa a new Christmas Tree this year that is all White--I love it! And I love that her old green Christmas tree gets to stay at our house by Hopes tree. I got Janessa's Great Grandma and Grandpa, who she is buried next to, a Christmas tree this year too because usually no one does anything for them except on memorial day.
Our Yard--Angel Tree and Remembrance Garden
It wasn't as traumatizing this year to decorate her grave. I would still prefer to have her here with me, but, it was nice to feel okay out there and to be able to laugh and feel normal at the cemetery too. My kids actually cooperated with me and let me take their picture. Pretty sad that the only way to get a group picture of all my kids and a complete family picture is at the cemetery!! This would probably make people really uncomfortable if I used this family picture as our Christmas Card picture, but, this is my "new normal" life--like it or not.
((Hugs))
:`) Shauna :`(
:) Janessa & Hope's Mommy :)
Your decorations are beautiful!
ReplyDeletePeace, hugs and love to you!
I love the white Christmas tree and all the decorations... They're all so beautiful! I think taking a Christmas photo at the cemetery with Janessa's grave decorated would be a lovely way to include her in your Christmas card. Maybe you could bring Hope's pinwheel so she's included also.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I had no idea you had 6 living children! I am SO impressed you find the time to do all that you do... you're Super Mom! <3 <3