Losing Janessa and Hope was completely different to the horrible way these parents loss their children and I can't even imagine having to deal with that, but, I do know what it is like to bury a child, I know what it is like to have empty arms and cry yourself to sleep not knowing how you can face another day, I do know what it is like to spend birthdays and holidays at the cemetery and it makes my heart break that 20 other parents have to face that as their "new normal" life.
I wanted to list a few ways that I have found if you want to help some of these parents:
Financially, probably a lot of them don't have life insurance for their children because you expect your child to outlive you not the other way around, so burial costs are quite the shock when you are faced with them. Here are a few places to donate financially:
United Way of Western Connecticut--general fundraiser for all the victims
Emilie Parker Fund -- this little girl's family is originally from Utah and they are going to bury her back here so they need money to transport her body from Connecticut and help with funeral costs.
Some other things to do:
Pray for them, light candles in remembrance of them.
Send letters of support to the School
Sandy Hook Elementary School
12 Dickenson Drive
Sandy Hook, CT 06482
Support Others who are doing Acts of Service for them
Eden's Wings--this blm mommy is going to send angel wing bracelets to every family of the victims






No comments:
Post a Comment