Welcome To PinWheels From Heaven

WELCOME TO PINWHEELS FROM HEAVEN. If you would like to have your "Angel" baby's or "Angel" child's name added to my Angel Tree list and Birthday list to be remembered at my annual events please click on the Angel Tree List button found at the top of this page to take you to that page with all the details. These events are for Angel Children only--PLEASE NO fake baby loss mommys.

NOTE: Pinwheel Wait List is currently CLOSED

Be sure to scroll to the end of this page to find links to other Baby Loss Mommies who write Angel Babies Names.


ANNUAL EVENTS FOR PINWHEELS FROM HEAVEN:

(1) Once your angel baby/child is on my Angel Birthday List
they will be remembered in their birthday month in a special Angel Birthday blog post and picture. They will also be remembered on their special angel b-day on my PinWheels From Heaven Face book page.

(2) Oct. 15th--Wave of Light: Each year on this date I will be creating a PinWheel Healing Field in my front yard using all the angel baby/child's pinwheels and light candles by the pinwheels in remembrance of all of our angels.

(3) Christmas Angel Tree--For the month of December I will be hanging ornaments with all of your angel baby/children's names written on them on my outside angel tree. On Christmas Eve I will light candles around the Angel Tree in remembrance of all of our angels.

(4) Easter Angel Tree--For Easter I will be hanging plastic Easter eggs with all of the angel baby/children's names written on them on my outside angel tree. I will light candles around the tree on Easter in remembrance of all of our angels.

Pictures of events 1,2,3,4 will be posted here on this blog and on my face book page.

At PinWheels From Heaven Angel Babies and Angel Children are ALWAYS LOVED, MISSED AND REMEMBERED <3




Janessa's 10th Angel Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Hope's 7th Angel Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Jason's 6th Angel B-day Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Rae Anne 6th b-day Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Our Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

A Precious Gift--Never Forget Janessa & Hope Abigail

The mention of my daughter's name may bring tears to my eyes, but it never fails to bring music to my ears. If you really want to show me that you care, let me hear the beautiful music of her name. It soothes my broken heart and sings to my soul.

"If you know someone who has lost a child, and you're afraid to mention them because you think you might make them sad by reminding them that they died--you're not reminding them. They didn't forget they died.

What you're reminding them of is that you remembered that they lived, and that is a great gift."
-Elizabeth Edwards

Monday, January 18, 2016

10 Years of Homeschooling

Just finished up our group study activities that we do for Martin Luther King day as we take a break from our "normal" school work to study good people in history and in today's world that have made a difference in promoting kindness. Was happy that some of my older kids who had the day off from their online charter school chose to participate too. It is days like this that remind me why I started homeschooling and the joy and fun it has been--not every day because we have had our struggles and some days it really sucks, but most of the time it is good.  

I guess I didn't realize it, but, I've been homeschooling for 10 years this year--can't believe it!! My homeschool has changed a lot in those 10 years. I went from the craziness of my 1st year of trying to homeschool 4 kids, plus taking care of a toddler and newborn baby to this year where my older 3 kids left in school do an online charter school and I'm only homeschooling my youngest who was the newborn baby when I first started all of this.  

I look back at all the notes I had from those first few years and I don't know how I survived or how I stayed on top of all of it. I know I wondered a lot back then if I had done the right thing pulling them out to home school.  

It wasn't that I hated our public school or the teachers--I really did like the teachers at our school--I volunteered in a lot of their classrooms when my older kids went to school there. I just saw how overwhelmed they were with so many kids in their classrooms and how kids got left behind or lost in the crowd and one of them was my kid. Kids all learn so differently and there really was room or time or money in a public school setting for kids to truly be taught in their own learning style and I felt like I could better do that at home.  

I also hated the person I was back then. I hated being a Mom. I was overwhelmed with all the kids I had and didn't feel like I got anything accomplished but running around in circles. My kids never really saw me except when I was yelling at them in the morning to get up and hurry so we could get to school on time, and then in the afternoon when I was yelling at them again to get their homework done and get into bed. I didn't even know who my kids were any more--the school saw more of them than me. Even when they were home on breaks, I hated it because they would just fight and drive me crazy. I prayed and prayed to know what to do. I was surprised when my answer was to homeschool--that seemed the opposite of what I needed--more time with my kids???? It was the best decision I ever made!!! My kids got to see me at times other than as a screaming, yelling maniac who always seemed stressed out and I got to see them at times other than fighting and being disobedient. My kids learned to cooperate with each other and become best friends and I have loved watching them learn and grow.  
Happy 10 years homeschooling to us <3 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Still and Know that I am God

Sometimes God
Calms the Storm . . .
Sometimes He let's the Storm rage
and Calms His Child.
Author Unknown

At times there appears to be no light at the tunnel's end-no dawn to break the night's darkness. . .We feel abandoned, heartbroken, alone. If you find yourself in such a situation, I plead with you to turn to our Heavenly Father in faith. He will lift you and guide you. He will not always take your afflictions from you, but He will comfort and lead you with love through whatever storm you face.

-President Thomas S. Monson

We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
-Joseph Campbell