As I search on for my own personal rainbow healing in 2016 in other ways than a rainbow baby, I have discovered a very personal, yet public event that is occurring during the next few weeks leading up to Janessa's 6th Angel Birthday.
It is the temple open house for the Provo City Center Utah Temple. This building use to be a tabernacle that was used for public events for over 100 years, then, on Dec. 17th, 2010, it literally burned to the ground. The only things left standing were the outside walls. I have no memories of the tabernacle, I've never been in it, never really even saw it, so why do I feel such a connection to this building? It is because it became ashes in 2010, 8 months after my life became became ashes too. When I see these pictures they literally represent what happened to me on March 9th, 2010, when Janessa died inside me and my world as I knew it crumbled. All that was left of the tabernacle was the outside walls and that is how I felt the first 4 years after I loss Janessa, and then Hope, and then Jason, and finally, Rae Anne. Each time I crumbled inside and felt like just a shell of a person trying to move and function in life with nothing inside me but emptiness.
My church decided instead of rebuilding the tabernacle to be the same as before, they were going to rebuild it into something better and for it to serve an even better purpose, that, of a Temple. They took some of the designs from the past, but, added new things for its new purpose. That is so symbolic to me. It gives me hope that the shell and ashes of my life are for a new purpose, and that God is shaping me into something better too. I see some of the good things from my past being added to the new things grief has taught me and shaped in me being combined to form a new Shauna, a better Shauna, a more compassionate Shauna. A Shauna who knows it is okay to grieve, but, can still find moments of joy and hope. A Shauna who can Cherish the memories of yesterday, Hope and dream of tomorrow, but, is content to Live Today to its fullest.
The Open House starts this Friday, but, I don't actually have tickets to go see it until later in Feb. This temple has given me something to look forward to as the hard weeks leading up to Janessa's angel birthday approach. I don't think it is any "good fortune" or "luck" that this temple's open house is right now and that it will be dedicated in March the hardest month of the year for me. For me this is a tender mercy from a loving Heavenly Father who knows how hard losing my babies has been for me and how torn up and hurt I am and how sometimes just getting through the day is a major feat for me. This is His way of providing me some much needed rainbow healing, comfort, and encouragement to hang in there and have hope and trust in Him that He can turn my life into something more beautiful and more grand than just the ashes of grief.
These are some articles from the local paper that have pictures and video of the inside and outside of this beautiful temple.
Provo City Center Temple Pictures
Video-of-the-LDS-Provo-City-Center-Temple
Article on the Provo City Center Temple
In Memory of my "Precious Angels" JANESSA, HOPE ABIGAIL, JASON NEPHI & RAE ANNE. A place where Angel Children are Loved, Missed, and Remembered. And a place where Mommies and Daddies of Angel Babies and Angel Children can feel safe and not so alone on this grief journey.
Pages
Janessa's PinWheels
Welcome To PinWheels From Heaven
WELCOME TO PINWHEELS FROM HEAVEN. If you would like to have your "Angel" baby's or "Angel" child's name added to my Angel Tree list and Birthday list to be remembered at my annual events please click on the Angel Tree List button found at the top of this page to take you to that page with all the details. These events are for Angel Children only--PLEASE NO fake baby loss mommys.
ANNUAL EVENTS FOR PINWHEELS FROM HEAVEN:
(1) Once your angel baby/child is on my Angel Birthday List
they will be remembered in their birthday month in a special Angel Birthday blog post and picture. They will also be remembered on their special angel b-day on my PinWheels From Heaven Face book page.
(2) Oct. 15th--Wave of Light: Each year on this date I will be creating a PinWheel Healing Field in my front yard using all the angel baby/child's pinwheels and light candles by the pinwheels in remembrance of all of our angels.
Pictures of events 1,2,3,4 will be posted here on this blog and on my face book page.
At PinWheels From Heaven Angel Babies and Angel Children are ALWAYS LOVED, MISSED AND REMEMBERED <3
NOTE: Pinwheel Wait List is currently CLOSED
Be sure to scroll to the end of this page to find links to other Baby Loss Mommies who write Angel Babies Names.ANNUAL EVENTS FOR PINWHEELS FROM HEAVEN:
(1) Once your angel baby/child is on my Angel Birthday List
they will be remembered in their birthday month in a special Angel Birthday blog post and picture. They will also be remembered on their special angel b-day on my PinWheels From Heaven Face book page.
(2) Oct. 15th--Wave of Light: Each year on this date I will be creating a PinWheel Healing Field in my front yard using all the angel baby/child's pinwheels and light candles by the pinwheels in remembrance of all of our angels.
(3) Christmas Angel Tree--For the month of December I will be hanging ornaments with all of your angel baby/children's names written on them on my outside angel tree. On Christmas Eve I will light candles around the Angel Tree in remembrance of all of our angels.
(4) Easter Angel Tree--For Easter I will be hanging plastic Easter eggs with all of the angel baby/children's names written on them on my outside angel tree. I will light candles around the tree on Easter in remembrance of all of our angels.Pictures of events 1,2,3,4 will be posted here on this blog and on my face book page.
At PinWheels From Heaven Angel Babies and Angel Children are ALWAYS LOVED, MISSED AND REMEMBERED <3
A Precious Gift--Never Forget Janessa & Hope Abigail
The mention of my daughter's name may bring tears to my eyes, but it never fails to bring music to my ears. If you really want to show me that you care, let me hear the beautiful music of her name. It soothes my broken heart and sings to my soul.
"If you know someone who has lost a child, and you're afraid to mention them because you think you might make them sad by reminding them that they died--you're not reminding them. They didn't forget they died.
What you're reminding them of is that you remembered that they lived, and that is a great gift."
-Elizabeth Edwards
"If you know someone who has lost a child, and you're afraid to mention them because you think you might make them sad by reminding them that they died--you're not reminding them. They didn't forget they died.
What you're reminding them of is that you remembered that they lived, and that is a great gift."
-Elizabeth Edwards
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Be Still and Know that I am God
Sometimes God
Calms the Storm . . .
Sometimes He let's the Storm rage
and Calms His Child.
Author Unknown
At times there appears to be no light at the tunnel's end-no dawn to break the night's darkness. . .We feel abandoned, heartbroken, alone. If you find yourself in such a situation, I plead with you to turn to our Heavenly Father in faith. He will lift you and guide you. He will not always take your afflictions from you, but He will comfort and lead you with love through whatever storm you face.
-President Thomas S. Monson
We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
-Joseph Campbell
Calms the Storm . . .
Sometimes He let's the Storm rage
and Calms His Child.
Author Unknown
At times there appears to be no light at the tunnel's end-no dawn to break the night's darkness. . .We feel abandoned, heartbroken, alone. If you find yourself in such a situation, I plead with you to turn to our Heavenly Father in faith. He will lift you and guide you. He will not always take your afflictions from you, but He will comfort and lead you with love through whatever storm you face.
-President Thomas S. Monson
We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
-Joseph Campbell







No comments:
Post a Comment