A lot of people ask me why did you go to Mount Rushmore--isn't just seeing it in a picture good enough? Why not go on vacation to Disneyland or somewhere FUN? I do like Disneyland and someday I hope to be able to take my kids back there, but this year I needed a place where there wouldn't be tons of people and my life hasn't been very FUN the past 1 1/2 years so I really didn't feel up to "FUN" amusement parks this year. There was a lot of people at Mount Rushmore but it was a different "atmosphere" than an amusement park. I can honestly say that NO it is not the same to just see Mount Rushmore in a picture. We got to take the trail that went right under the monument so you got a closer view of the faces. That was really fun taking a hike and stopping at the different view points seeing Mount Rushmore at different angles. I guess I just like how this was someones dream and he worked hard at it and didn't give up even though it was rough and even though he died before it was completed he left a legacy for all of us to follow when we are following our dreams, and he left a beautiful monument for us to enjoy!
Hugs,
:`) Shauna :`{
:) Janessa & Hope's Mommy :)





How sweet! I also visited Mt Rushmore (last year) and it was really amazing to see up close! The detail is crazy, their eyes were my favorite part! So glad you got to go somewhere that was special to you.
ReplyDelete