Ten years ago I only had 4 kids, we had just moved into a new house, and I had just sent my two older kids to school when my husband called to tell me to turn on the news. I was horrified to watch the terrorist attacks happening live. I think a little of my innocent "that can never happen in the U.S." mentality fell apart that day. I began to realize that bad things do happen. I felt really bad for all those people who died and their families--I just didn't realize then that 9 years later I would understand what it was like to loose an immediate family member. I can empathize with them now because a lot of them didn't get that last chance to say the goodbye that they really wanted to, a lot of them didn't get the chance to see their loved ones in a coffin so they could find closure, and a lot of them 10 years later are probably still hurting inside and this day is a very hard day for them to get through. I hope people have helped them cope with their loss and that they don't expect them to ever "get over" that loss.
9/11 is a day to stop and think and ponder what Kindness really means. It's a day to forget about ourselves for awhile and remember ordinary people who were heros just because of small acts of kindness that they did for others. It is a day to remember all the victims and their families in our prayers. It is a day to reach out to others and do something kind even if it is only to smile at a stranger. I have created a pinwheel in remembrance of all those who lost their lives on 9/11, to honor their families, friends and loved ones they left behind, and to all those who survived 9/11. You will forever live on in my heart and in my Angel Babies Pinwheel Garden.
To the victims and their families and the survivors of 9/11 we wish you peace on this day of horror for you--we will never forget you.
Light a candle tonight in rememberance.
Hugs,
:`( Shauna :`(
:) Janessa & Hope's Mommy :)





No comments:
Post a Comment