I was so distraught a couple of nights ago because I couldn't sleep and everything hurt and it just seemed like this flu was never going to end--I fell apart and started crying--that was not good because that made my cough worse. In an attempt to gain control I started repeating to myself that this was NOT the worse thing I had been through. Having a stillborn baby was much worse, having a miscarriage was much worse, this was easy--it was temporary and would eventually end. That calmed me down thinking of that. I wish grief were as easy to handle--take one medicine and it is all cured or endure 1 week of feeling miserable and then it is all gone. Grief unfortunately is an unwanted lifetime companion that at times is okay to deal with and other times very hard to deal with.
One good thing about being so sick right now is that it has totally distracted me from the normal stress I begin to feel about Janessa's angel birthday getting closer. I feel bad because I've canceled 2 counseling appointments because of this sickness and my next appointment isn't for 2 weeks.
One unexpected thing that seemed to help me endure this flu was this rock I bought a couple of weeks ago that I placed on my bathroom counter--it says "One Day At A Time". It helped give me hope this week that I just needed to make it through each day and not worry about the next day. It helps in normal life when I start to get overwhelmed about all the things coming up that are stressing me out--I just need to worry about one day at a time.
So how do I endure the flu?--ONE DAY AT A TIME!
How do I endure this grief journey and all the stress coming up? ONE DAY AT A TIME!
((Hugs))
:`) Shauna :`(
:) Janessa & Hopes Mommy :)





UGH... I'm so sorry you were sick! I love that stone <3
ReplyDeleteAlso I nominated you for a Liebster award :)
http://twinkleoflight.blogspot.com/2013/01/leibster-award.html
I have nominated you for the Liebster Award!
ReplyDeletehttp://tossiestreeandpaintedrocks.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-award.html