I've tried to carry that tradition forward with my children. We all have valentine holders and we make handmade valentines for each other that we put in the holders for each other and then my husband and I "heart attack" each of our kid's doors to their rooms with construction paper hearts and store bought valentines.
In 2010 I gave each of our kids a little stuff animal teddy bear that says I Love You on it. I even had one for Janessa that I was going to give to her after she was born. She did get it and it is buried with her.
I've had a really hard time these past 2 years that I can't heart attack doors for Janessa and Hope and give them valentines. I didn't have valentine holders for them because I thought what is the use they won't ever get the valentines. The first Valentines Day after Janessa died I was going to take the valentine I had made for her and put it on her grave, but, it really bothered me that it would get all soggy and wet or just blow away so I put it in her scrapbook instead and just decorated her grave with heart decorations.
This year I want to celebrate that Valentines Day was Janessa's last holiday alive and remember it with joy not with dread and sadness like I have and that is why I finally made valentine holders for both Janessa and Hope. All of their valentines will just go in their scrapbooks and I bought heart confetti again this year that I will "Heart Attack" Janessa's head stone with at the cemetery and "Heart Attack" Hope's memorial stone in our yard. I like that I can include all my children in our Valentine celebrations this year.
The cute little pink bear in these pictures is what I bought for Janessa's first Valentines Day and 1st Angel Birthday and it has spent time on Janessa's headstone with her at the cemetery.
((Hugs))
:`) Shauna :`(
:) Janessa & Hope's Mommy :)





LOVE LOVE LOVE
ReplyDelete