Yesterday as I was waiting for my daughter to finish her
violin lesson, I saw a mother come walking up the street pushing her baby in
her stroller. Instant sadness for me,
but, then I saw a little 3 year old come trailing after her. Normally I would fall apart seeing someone
Janessa's age, but, I was fascinated watching this 3 year olds joy and
happiness at dragging a stick along a fence.
There was a dog on the other side of the fence that was going crazy,
but, this little girl just said "hi doggie" then continued to drag
her stick against a truck and then another fence. Her mother was oblivious to all of this joy,
she just turned around to scold her child to hurry up and drop that stick
before she poked someone and then went back to pushing her other kid in the
stroller.
Kids are so innocent and cute and full of life and find such
joy and happiness in small and simple things from the ages of 2-5. Her joy was contagious and made me feel happy
too.
Made me wish I could go back in time and enjoy my living
children at that stage in life--I'm afraid I was too much like that mother who
was too busy to enjoy her 3 year olds happiness and just let life pass me
by. Made me wish I could see Janessa and
Hope enjoying life (do they have sticks in Heaven?) I'd love to think of them
walking around enjoying the beauties of Heaven with their own little sticks!!!
Since I can't have either of those wishes, maybe instead God
will grant me the ability to handle seeing others 2-5 year olds and be able to
enjoy watching their joy and happiness and feel a peace and happiness myself instead
of it breaking my heart and causing me sadness.
<3 :)
((Hugs))
:`( Shauna :`)
:`) Janessa & Hopes Mommy :`)





No comments:
Post a Comment