April 4th
April 4th, is another hard day for me. Last year this was Janessa's due date--it was Easter Sunday. I looked so forward to this date--I had hopes and dreams that were cruelly ripped away from me on March 9th. Last year I naively thought that once this date had passed that my grief journey would end--little did I know that this would be the beginning of my grief journey and just one of the many hard anniversay dates I would pass through.

In honor of this 1 year anniversary of Janessa's due date I created a PinWheel scene just for her. The name Janessa means God's Precious Butterfly. I named Janessa after two Barbie Movies that had a Janessa in them: The Twelve Dancing Princess's (Janessa is one of the triplets) and Thumbelina (Janessa is Thumbelina's friend). I had bought the Janessa figures from each of those movies for her. The little figure I was going to put on her 1st birthday cake. I couldn't even get it out when her angel b-day came around. This was very healing for me to be able to use her toys in a pinwheel scene just for her. The 3 little princess's stand for March which is the 3rd Month. The 7 butterflys are for each of my children--Janessa is my 7th child. The Easter basket is for the hope I had last year and the hope that Easter brings me now.
Janessa
"God's Precious Butterfly"
 |
| Janessa from The 12 Dancing Princess's |
 |
Janessa from Thumbelina
I keep waiting for this grief journey to end, but, I think I have finally figured out that it is a JOURNEY, with ups and downs, not just a stopping place. I wish you all a small moment of "PEACE" as you hit "hard remembrance days" on your grief journey.
HUGS, :) Shauna (: |
Be Still and Know that I am God
Sometimes God
Calms the Storm . . .
Sometimes He let's the Storm rage
and Calms His Child.
Author Unknown
At times there appears to be no light at the tunnel's end-no dawn to break the night's darkness. . .We feel abandoned, heartbroken, alone. If you find yourself in such a situation, I plead with you to turn to our Heavenly Father in faith. He will lift you and guide you. He will not always take your afflictions from you, but He will comfort and lead you with love through whatever storm you face.
-President Thomas S. Monson
We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
-Joseph Campbell