In primary in my church we have been learning a song called I Know My Savior Loves Me. This song seemed familiar to me and it has brought me a lot of peace and comfort singing it. I couldn't figure out why I felt so attached to this song until a couple of weeks ago when I was looking through the baby book I have for Janessa. On one of the pages is my home school plan for the week that she died and that was one of the songs I was teaching my kids. Janessa loved when we sang our morning devotional songs--she would kick and move just to let me know that she was dancing to our songs. It gives me great comfort to know that this was a song she got to hear us sing a lot, and was one of the last songs we sung to her. Hearing this song brings back comforting memories of feeling her move inside me. I wondered why this song doesn't cause me to have a trigger episode, but, I think it is because the words are so comforting. They were words that comforted Janessa as she left us and went into the arms of Jesus and words that comfort me as I wait for that time when I will get to join her.
A long time ago in a beautiful place,
Children were gathered ’round Jesus.
He blessed and taught as they felt of His love.
Each saw the tears on His face.
The love that He felt for His little ones
I know He feels for me.
I did not touch Him or sit on His knee,
Yet, Jesus in real to me.
Now I am here in a beautiful place,
Learning the teachings of Jesus
Parents and teachers will help guide the way,
Lighting my path ev’ry day.
Wrapped in the arms of my Savior’s love,
I feel His gentle touch.
Living each day, I will follow His way,
Home to my Father above.
I know He lives! I will follow faithfully.
My heart I give to Him.
I know that my Savior loves me.
It made me smile to get our church's
friend magazine for March 2015 and there is Janessa's favorite song--a small tribute for her 5th Angel Birthday.
This is how the song sounds--it is beautiful.
It reminds me of Janessa.
It is one of Janessa's Favorite Songs.
No comments:
Post a Comment