I was able to finish the last 2 angel memory boxes today. I really like how all 4 of them have turned out--each just a little bit different for each different and unique and precious angel baby.
It is still really hard to see them all laying there together on my bed <3 :`(
I am curious if you received an angel memory box when you were at the hospital and what kinds of items were inside it? Are there items you wish had been inside it?
I never received one but, was given a few individual items (1 knit pink blanket with booties and matching hat, a little flannel heart, an angel statue, little infant ring and infant bracelet that I didn't know was in the bag until I got home and a book on grief) that had been donated which I later put into my own memory box that I had bought.
Looking back now that it has been almost 6 years I would have loved to receive an angel box that had some sort of little stuffed teddy bear, 2 blankets that were exactly the same so I could have wrapped Janessa in one that she could have been buried with and then had an identical one that I would keep, some sort of battery candle that had butterflies on it, a little cloth baggie with a note to snip some of her hair to keep, some sort of necklace with the saying always in my heart, 2 matching headbands with a bow so I could have kept one and she would be buried with the other and the final thing I would have loved to have seen in that box was a Mommy and Me matching bracelets that would have kept me connected to her.
Each year as Janessa's Angel birthday approaches I always try to do some random act of kindness/service in memory of her. These memory boxes are one of the projects I have chosen this year.
It is still really hard to see them all laying there together on my bed <3 :`(
I am curious if you received an angel memory box when you were at the hospital and what kinds of items were inside it? Are there items you wish had been inside it?
I never received one but, was given a few individual items (1 knit pink blanket with booties and matching hat, a little flannel heart, an angel statue, little infant ring and infant bracelet that I didn't know was in the bag until I got home and a book on grief) that had been donated which I later put into my own memory box that I had bought.
Looking back now that it has been almost 6 years I would have loved to receive an angel box that had some sort of little stuffed teddy bear, 2 blankets that were exactly the same so I could have wrapped Janessa in one that she could have been buried with and then had an identical one that I would keep, some sort of battery candle that had butterflies on it, a little cloth baggie with a note to snip some of her hair to keep, some sort of necklace with the saying always in my heart, 2 matching headbands with a bow so I could have kept one and she would be buried with the other and the final thing I would have loved to have seen in that box was a Mommy and Me matching bracelets that would have kept me connected to her.
Each year as Janessa's Angel birthday approaches I always try to do some random act of kindness/service in memory of her. These memory boxes are one of the projects I have chosen this year.





No comments:
Post a Comment