It
isn't even 9 am yet and I am already a major emotional mess today. I didn't want to get out of bed when that
stupid alarm went off at 5 am—I just want to stay in bed all day today and just
cry and pretend the real world doesn't exist.
The only thing that got me out of bed was knowing that I had a reeses
peanut butter cup hidden in the freezer that I had saved for today because I
knew it would be a hard day to get through.
Problem is when I went to get it, it was gone--someone in my family had
already eaten it!!! It is stupid to be
angry and sad about a candy bar but I guess that was the only thing holding me
together today.
I
hate Feb. 22nd. 6 years ago
on Monday Feb. 22nd 2010 I woke up having major contractions every
30 minutes. This lasted for about 5
hours. I should have called the doctor
to find out what was going on, but, when they stopped I figured it was just braxton
hicks contractions. I had a doctors apt.
that Friday the 26th and my Dr. figured that the 22nd was
when Janessa turned from being breech to head down so on the 26th I
celebrated that I wouldn’t have to have a c-section but could have a normal
delivery. Now we think the 22nd
is when Janessa got tangled in her cord and that from here on to March 7th
she was slowly dying. After the 22nd
is when I noticed a decrease in her activity but didn’t say anything to my
doctor. Today marks the beginning of the
end of Janessa's life. I know there isn’t anything I could have done
to prevent this—I tell myself that over and over and over, but, as a mother
that just isn’t acceptable all I see is that I failed to keep her safe.
I
hate these last 2 weeks before her angel b-day.
I just can't even function today.
I can't deal with planning my menu for the next 2 weeks—I just stare at
the empty days of the first 2 weeks of March that I don't want to happen and I don't
want to cook meals on. I'm struggling seeing the women holding their
babies—it is such a reminder of what I didn't get. I want my alive baby. I don’t want a lifetime of grief instead and
having to endure 2 weeks of torture every Feb/March for the rest of my life.
I
wish I had a magic lamp and a magic wish because I would wish for a grieving
island where all baby loss mommies could go when they get to the last 2 weeks
before their angel babies b-day. No
husbands or other kids allowed. No
chores, no responsibilities, or to do lists just a bunch of women sitting
together crying and hugging and talking and listening and understanding because
we’re all walking the same path. You
could spend hours just sitting out on the beach staring at the waves. There would be a freezer full of chocolate that
you could get into anytime you wanted and it wouldn’t make you fat. There would be a room where you could write
out your frustrations on a plate and then throw it against the wall to take out
all your anger and frustration and you don't have to worry about cleaning it up
or people thinking your lacking faith because your angry and frustrated that
your baby is dead. When your angel
babies b-day arrived all the women would gather together and write your babies
name on balloons and let them go and
light candles and eat cake and you wouldn't feel like a freak for celebrating
your angel babies b-day. Then instead of
having to endure 2 weeks of hell before your angel babies b-day you would get 2
weeks of Heaven away from normal stressful life to just remember and cherish
your babies memory.
I
can't do this again—but I will because I have survived these 2 weeks for the
past 5 years and I can survive another year, I just don't want to. I may have to send myself to time out for
most of the day with the covers over my head hugging my Kleenex box but that is
okay—maybe tomorrow I will be able to function a little better.





I know these coming days are hard for you, and as your friend, they are hard for me, too. I'm so sorry you are suffering. Little Janessa's spirit is with you. I hope that is a comforting thought. Yes, a time out before our angels' birthdays is a good idea. Wish we could make it a reality. Love & hugs.
ReplyDelete