I'm also wearing a bff
heart bracelet today too because I remembered after 6 years of forgetting
because of grief, that the beginning of February is also the anniversary of the
first time my husband and I met. It has been 25 years this year.
If
you haven't heard our story--get ready because it is a good one. We met
on the public bus--yes I said bus--in Utah it is called the UTA. We were
both attending college but at different colleges. I was working as a
scholarship assistant which just means I was a secretary to one of the deans
but I didn't get paid in money my work paid my tuition. That day I
actually had a friend who was going to take me home, but, because I had messed
stuff up I had to work later than normal so I took an express bus that I hadn't
taken before. I was exhausted and ornery from my hectic day so I just
wanted to sleep on the way home so I put my bag on the seat next to me so
people would sit elsewhere. Roland got on after I did and asked if he
could sit by me. I reluctantly said yes and moved my bag and then he
started talking and I inwardly groaned because I really wasn't in the mood to
talk to anyone. He persisted, and soon we were both so involved in our
conversation that the 30 min. just flew by. I was amazed at how friendly
and easy he was to talk to and how happy he made me feel and he was hot
looking!!! Dumb me I didn't even ask for his phone number when I got off
the bus taking my dream man off to who knows where. I floated home and
told my Mom that I had met my Prince Charming--the man I was going to marry.
One week later at my cousins wedding I caught the bouquet--it was
destiny--only I had no way to find Roland.






No comments:
Post a Comment