Said goodbye to a good friend today--okay, okay, it is our old van and I shouldn't be all emotional about it, but we've had this van for the past 16 years, more than half of my married life. This van brought our newborn babies home from the hospital, took us on family vacations, took us to countless doctors, dentists, and counseling appointments, was my grief hideout when I needed to cry and didn't want anyone to see me, was our drivers ed car for our 3 oldest children, and took my 2 oldest kids to and from college classes and work. It has been an AWESOME vehicle, but, it is over 25 years old and it finally decided it was time to retire.
We also said goodbye last month to all the car seat and infant carriers we had stored in our basement. It is like closing the door on a piece of our history--our little kid/baby/toddler part of our lives. We are no longer a mini van family--it is a happy/sad day. Time to move forward into the next stage of our lives. . . . . . . . . . .
Goodbye good Friend, you served us well <3
I get sentimental about cars, too. I cried & cried when we had to get rid of my favorite car, which was a Buick LeSabre Limited. It was cream & navy, and drove like a dream. If you had your van for 16 years I would say it was definitely a good vehicle.
ReplyDeleteLoved your guest post! xoxo