The holidays are extremely hard when you are grieving the loss of your child. For the last 4 years I have just wanted to run away and hide from everything--I hated that everything was so "happy" and "cheerful" when I felt like crap. I've had to find a new normal as far as Christmas traditions for our family and that new normal has changed each year that I have added another angel baby to our family. I wanted to share one of the traditions that I started my first Christmas that I loss Janessa.
I had bought Janessa a Christmas stocking when I was pregnant with her and if I could go back now I would have hung that stocking up then and celebrated what was her 1st and last Christmas with her. After she died and Christmas approached, I didn't know what to do with her Christmas Stocking. Should I hang it up with all the others, or would that be too hard to see or make others uncomfortable or make them think I was a wacko hanging up a Christmas stocking for a dead baby? Then there was all the emotions around the fact that her stocking would remain empty just like my empty arms and heart. But, I didn't want to just pretend that she never existed. I finally came up with a new tradition for our family that helped calm all those feelings. We read the story The Christmas Orange (this is the link to that story The Christmas Orange) at the beginning of December. Then we try to do acts of kindness for people and every time we do we put a little slip of paper that has a smile face on it into Janessa's stocking. Then on Christmas Morning I put a chocolate orange into her stocking and we dump out all of the "kindness papers" So her stocking is not empty it is full of LOVE. That really helped me get through that first Christmas. I had a harder time with this tradition when I added Hope and Jason's Christmas stockings. Last year it was hard trying to fill up 3 angel baby stockings and I was angry because I didn't want to fill up Jason's stocking, I wanted to still be pregnant with him so this tradition didn't go over quite as well.
This year was overwhelming to me adding Rae Anne's Christmas stocking and it was frustrating me because there was just no way to fill up 4 stockings now. That was when I decided to change that tradition a little. I hung up the Christmas stockings before Thanksgiving this year and I have strips of paper that every day we write things we're thankful for that day or something good that happened that day or an act of kindness we did or someone else did on and we are filling up each of their stockings with that. On Christmas Eve we are going to take those slips of paper and make a huge Christmas paper chain that we will put around our Christmas tree as a reminder of all the simple and small little good things that have happened. I'm also happy to report that I have found 4 different flavors of chocolate oranges so each of my angels will have a unique and different chocolate orange in their stocking. That was really bothering me that they would all be the same chocolate orange.
I've found over the past 5 years that doing just little things like this has helped take away some of the sting and hurt that the holidays seem to bring.
In Memory of my "Precious Angels" JANESSA, HOPE ABIGAIL, JASON NEPHI & RAE ANNE. A place where Angel Children are Loved, Missed, and Remembered. And a place where Mommies and Daddies of Angel Babies and Angel Children can feel safe and not so alone on this grief journey.
Pages
Janessa's PinWheels
Welcome To PinWheels From Heaven
WELCOME TO PINWHEELS FROM HEAVEN. If you would like to have your "Angel" baby's or "Angel" child's name added to my Angel Tree list and Birthday list to be remembered at my annual events please click on the Angel Tree List button found at the top of this page to take you to that page with all the details. These events are for Angel Children only--PLEASE NO fake baby loss mommys.
ANNUAL EVENTS FOR PINWHEELS FROM HEAVEN:
(1) Once your angel baby/child is on my Angel Birthday List
they will be remembered in their birthday month in a special Angel Birthday blog post and picture. They will also be remembered on their special angel b-day on my PinWheels From Heaven Face book page.
(2) Oct. 15th--Wave of Light: Each year on this date I will be creating a PinWheel Healing Field in my front yard using all the angel baby/child's pinwheels and light candles by the pinwheels in remembrance of all of our angels.
Pictures of events 1,2,3,4 will be posted here on this blog and on my face book page.
At PinWheels From Heaven Angel Babies and Angel Children are ALWAYS LOVED, MISSED AND REMEMBERED <3
NOTE: Pinwheel Wait List is currently CLOSED
Be sure to scroll to the end of this page to find links to other Baby Loss Mommies who write Angel Babies Names.ANNUAL EVENTS FOR PINWHEELS FROM HEAVEN:
(1) Once your angel baby/child is on my Angel Birthday List
they will be remembered in their birthday month in a special Angel Birthday blog post and picture. They will also be remembered on their special angel b-day on my PinWheels From Heaven Face book page.
(2) Oct. 15th--Wave of Light: Each year on this date I will be creating a PinWheel Healing Field in my front yard using all the angel baby/child's pinwheels and light candles by the pinwheels in remembrance of all of our angels.
(3) Christmas Angel Tree--For the month of December I will be hanging ornaments with all of your angel baby/children's names written on them on my outside angel tree. On Christmas Eve I will light candles around the Angel Tree in remembrance of all of our angels.
(4) Easter Angel Tree--For Easter I will be hanging plastic Easter eggs with all of the angel baby/children's names written on them on my outside angel tree. I will light candles around the tree on Easter in remembrance of all of our angels.Pictures of events 1,2,3,4 will be posted here on this blog and on my face book page.
At PinWheels From Heaven Angel Babies and Angel Children are ALWAYS LOVED, MISSED AND REMEMBERED <3
A Precious Gift--Never Forget Janessa & Hope Abigail
The mention of my daughter's name may bring tears to my eyes, but it never fails to bring music to my ears. If you really want to show me that you care, let me hear the beautiful music of her name. It soothes my broken heart and sings to my soul.
"If you know someone who has lost a child, and you're afraid to mention them because you think you might make them sad by reminding them that they died--you're not reminding them. They didn't forget they died.
What you're reminding them of is that you remembered that they lived, and that is a great gift."
-Elizabeth Edwards
"If you know someone who has lost a child, and you're afraid to mention them because you think you might make them sad by reminding them that they died--you're not reminding them. They didn't forget they died.
What you're reminding them of is that you remembered that they lived, and that is a great gift."
-Elizabeth Edwards
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Be Still and Know that I am God
Sometimes God
Calms the Storm . . .
Sometimes He let's the Storm rage
and Calms His Child.
Author Unknown
At times there appears to be no light at the tunnel's end-no dawn to break the night's darkness. . .We feel abandoned, heartbroken, alone. If you find yourself in such a situation, I plead with you to turn to our Heavenly Father in faith. He will lift you and guide you. He will not always take your afflictions from you, but He will comfort and lead you with love through whatever storm you face.
-President Thomas S. Monson
We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
-Joseph Campbell
Calms the Storm . . .
Sometimes He let's the Storm rage
and Calms His Child.
Author Unknown
At times there appears to be no light at the tunnel's end-no dawn to break the night's darkness. . .We feel abandoned, heartbroken, alone. If you find yourself in such a situation, I plead with you to turn to our Heavenly Father in faith. He will lift you and guide you. He will not always take your afflictions from you, but He will comfort and lead you with love through whatever storm you face.
-President Thomas S. Monson
We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
-Joseph Campbell





No comments:
Post a Comment