As I have prayed as to how to find the "rainbow baby" healing I have been directed to look in different directions than what I had expected. First, I feel in my heart that I will find some healing through all of my children (living and angels) and through my future grandchildren. Next, I will find healing through helping others--through my pinwheel pictures and through donations to help other blm's and their projects. Finally, I have felt extreme peace in being able to help some children and their families through Reeces Rainbows and World Vision.
First let me introduce you to Juliette, who I found through Reeces Rainbows an adoption agency for children with physical disabilities.
Juliette has down syndrome and heart problems. She was born in Feb. of 2010. The reason I instantly became attached to this little cutie is she was born 1 month before Janessa, and, something I haven't told very many people is that my little Janessa had down syndrome. The reason I didn't tell people wasn't because I was embarrassed, it was because I didn't want to hear people tell me that I was better off having her in heaven and not having to deal with a child with disabilities--which some of the few people who knew did tell me. It would have been a privilege and an honor for me to raise Janessa and I would have enjoyed each second! So, when I see Juliette, I see my little Janessa in her. Since we weren't in a position to adopt I have been praying for her that a special family would find her. On May 7th, Hopes Angel Birthday, The Mcdonald family decided to adopt Juliette!!! I am so excited for them and for Juliette!
Right now they are trying to raise money to bring Juliette home. I would like to encourage everyone, especially those who have asked me if I had a donation button for the pinwheel pictures, to donate to their fund.
Let's just say my pinwheel donation button is for Juliette instead. Here are 2 ways you can donate:
Also, on Reeces Rainbows, you can donate money to any of the children waiting to be adopted.
Another opportunity I have is to help angel babies Liam and Evelynn's Mommy and Daddy continue their dream of having a family.
To donate click here The Rasmussen Family
I will blog in the future about other opportunities I find to help others. My heart will always have 2 holes because of the two precious little angels who have been taken from me, but, I feel at peace that Heavenly Father will help me find some of that "rainbow baby" healing through other ways.
Hugs,
:`) Shauna :`)
:)Janessa & Hope's Mommy:)






So very sweet of you my friend! Juliette is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteShauna, what a beautiful post. Thank you for writing about Juliette and her adoption fund! We don't take our commitment to her lightly and are doing everything we can to get to her as quickly as possible. I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. Janessa and Hope I know are very much missed and I will go to bed tonight with a prayer in my heart for peace for you! Thank you seems so inadequate to write, but thank you!
ReplyDeleteYou are such a caring womand and are so sweet!! I will help out best I can as well!! Juliette is amazingly beautiful! Big hugs mama!
ReplyDeleteshe is darling! I hope she gets to come home to her new family soon!
ReplyDelete