I am thankful that at the age of 42 I was able to get pregnant again and finally get a positive on a pregnancy test.
I am thankful that I took 3 of those pregnancy tests.
I am thankful that I realized how precious each moment is while I was pregnant and that I took weekly pregnancy pictures, wrote in a weekly journal to Jason, cuddled him in my belly, talked to him, and sang to him.
I am thankful for all the weird food cravings that I had that were different than any I had with any of my other pregnancies.
I am thankful I was courageous and brave and that I scheduled an appointment with my doctor and got in to see him at 8 weeks.
I am thankful I got a pregnancy bag filled with all the samples of junk and that I was filled with hope being able to walk out of that office with it.
I am thankful my doctor did an ultrasound at 8 weeks and that we found Jason and his heartbeat and my doctor zoomed in close so that I could see that beautiful heartbeat and for the peace and joy I felt.
I am thankful my doctor printed out a picture of that ultrasound so I have at least 1 picture of Jason.
I am thankful that for 3 weeks I was part of my doctors 5 over forty pregnancy group of women.
I am thankful that we told our kids so that they could be excited and get to know Jason for a little bit.
I am thankful that we gave him the nickname of "MaHyrum" and for all the jokes and happiness we shared as a family in what we called "womb service".
I am thankful for my Trauma Counselor helping through all the fears I had while I was pregnant and that she has been with me from the start of his pregnancy to the end.
I am thankful for experience and knowledge so that I knew what to do when the miscarriage happened and that I made it a better experience than my last miscarriage.
I am so thankful that I knitted those little blue hats the week before so that I could have something to wrap Jason's jar in as a last way for me to hug and hold him.
I am thankful we got to take some last minute pictures before I miscarried of my pregnant belly and as a family.
I am thankful that as a family we chose Jason's name and that we were a lot more open about our feelings this time and a lot more supportive of each other.
I am thankful I had already bought an extra big blue star pinwheel last February because I wouldn't have found anything at the stores now.
I am thankful that a lot of my neighbors all lit 3 little candles in their front windows as a show of remembrance of love for my 3 little angel babies.
I am so very thankful that Jason and I shared:
12 Weeks
3 Months
84 Days
2,016 Hours
120, 969 minutes
<3 TOGETHER <3
I AM GRATEFUL FOR EVERY MINUTE!





No comments:
Post a Comment