Instead there was daffodils to be planted in anticipation that in April I will have a beautiful reminder of my sweet Jason's due date.
There was emails from friends just checking on me to see how I was doing--that meant a lot. There was a surprise sherbet smoothie from my parents to let me know they were thinking of me--that was YUMMY!!
There was star socks to wear and 3 little knit hats to make.
Yes, it was NOT the week 13 that I had planned on, but, it was okay. For me I need to continue these weekly Friday traditions that I had started while I was pregnant with Jason, but, now they will be new traditions.
I really like the weekly socks so every Friday I will wear some star socks in remembrance of Jason.
I associate knit hats with Jason because that is one of the last things I did for him was knit some blue hats and it is what I used to wrap around the collection jar as a final way for me to hold him and hug him. So every Friday I will knit a small baby hat. Today's 3 knit hats are in remembrance of all of my angel babies and I will be putting them in little miscarriage h.o.p.e. (helping other people endure) bags that I will be giving to my obgyn's office next week at my follow-up appointment so they can give them to the next 3 people who have a miscarriage so that they won't have to leave that office so empty-handed. I haven't quite decided what I'll be doing with all the rest of the little hats--maybe using for more h.o.p.e. bags or maybe I'll use them next Christmas as the ornaments for the angel tree.
I will live my pregnancy vicariously through Angel Joey's Mommy (Roxanne) who was only a couple days ahead of me and enjoy her weekly updates about her rainbow baby.
On the 10th each month I will wear my star socks again, I will try and watch the sunrise, I will try to creatively write Jason's name, and I will write an email to our little world vision sponsored child, Sohani, in India, and I will light the number of candles for the months that Jason has been an angel.
I'm hoping that by continuing these new traditions it will help take some of the sting out of missing out on all of the old traditions. So each Friday I will be posting a picture of my NOT weekly update.





Good new traditions. <3
ReplyDelete